Twilight Expedition Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Expedition Forum

The home of the Twilight Expedition; seekers of knowledge, diplomacy and wisdom.

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

[Story] A frozen waste

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

[Story] A frozen waste Empty
PostSubject: [Story] A frozen waste   [Story] A frozen waste I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 09, 2009 7:37 pm

“Cursed Snow! It’s everywhere here.”

Syrinia mutters to herself. Her face is cold and her eyes squint in the blizzard she walks through “So cold to the touch. It crisps under my foot. Why am I here again? This is not the way of Elune. We do not walk amongst this cold land. It’s not the Kaldorei way. Why must I be here?”

The Huntress struggles through the harsh weather, the ghost sabre by her side roars in protest

“Lilith I’m sorry. We just need to go a little further.”

The great cat roars again, half in acknowledgement of the night elfs words, half in protest.

The two companions trudge on. The snow beats down on them with a chilling wind. The landscape bleach white in front of them, as is behind them. The snow is getting deep. The path behind them reveals their journey, though the falling snow is soon covering their tracks.

The huntress looks up, covering her face with her shawl she glances at the land ahead.

“white. It’s so white”

Elune cannot be seen in this weather. There is no gap in the sky, no glimpse of Elunes light. The moon hides behind dense cloud. With no moonlight the kaldorei feels lost and weak as she pushes the snow aside. Stumbling now, the snow is deep here. A gnome would be long lost in this. A bit deeper and so to a human. The silver hair of the huntress glimmers with the snow as if they are one, though the face shows no unity with this weather. Syrinia scowls.

“oh Lilith, why did we come here?” she grumbles in despair. As if to answer the thoughts of the ghost sabre beside her she continues

“but I was told it was somewhere here. Here in these mountains. Oh for the love of Elune where are we?”

The cat growls once again

The falling snow is too dense. To dense to see forward, to dense to see behind. Their tracks covering fast. This is not a good situation to be in, even for a Kaldorei tracker such as Syrinia.

The mountain looms over them like giants of old passing judgement upon them. They peer into their spirit, drawing all the strength from them both. The snow beats hard down upon them. There is little vision now.

Syrinia roars out in frustration, her face covered with snow flakes falling fast upon her pale skin. She struggles for her bow. She cannot see clearly now, the snowfall is too dense, flakes getting in her moonbright eyes. In her urgency she fires a powerful shot forward, the glowing energy of her aimed arrow shot explodes the snow in front of her, only to collapse down upon her.

“not like this…. I will not die like this” she cries as the snow collapses around her.

All her energy fades as she collapses into the frozen whiteness. Lilith paws at her shoulder, clearly weak herself. Succumbing to the cold Lilith collapses beside the still night elf

…this is not how it should end.

…Elune why are you taking me now?

…please… mother…

…am I not an obedient daughter?

The mountains groan with the frozen wind that swirls around them. The land is covering in deeper snowfall. The bleak white land around shows little disturbance, the path the companions had made was long filled in, the faint shape of the huntress and her feline are fast disappearing into the snow. The wind howls. There is no sounds other than the storm itself.

Far from kaldorei lands. A hunter has fallen.

Daylight glimpses through the snow covered mountains of the storm peaks. The storm of the previous night has long since passed. Freshly fallen snow covers the land. The smooth white frost undisturbed. Such calm after the night before. The sun shines like a mirror of the pure white landscape. Snowflakes sparkle. The beauty of the land hide the dark deed of the night before. A human would look upon this land innocently with a smile.

Though she knew otherwise. Swiftsong. Flying high in the sky, her beloved drake, white as the snow itself scan the land. The kaldorei knows something a human would never see. But where? The drake glides passed mountain peak to mountain peak, the green haired huntress’ eyes were focused with a determination that few would have witnessed before. Certainly no human would understand this night elfs determined mind.

“Over there” she calls to her drake as it swoops into a dive following the hand of Swiftsong. The drake understood her well, its great wings dust up the fallen snow as it circles low across the baron frozen land. Ferwyns eyes fixed upon the snow covered ground below.

She knew… somehow she knew.

The huntress calls out again “There” and with that the drake swooped upwards, loops over and dives back down to an insignificant spot in the frosted landscape. Its great wings beat down on the white land as it steadies itself. Ferwyn jumps of the back of the great dragon. She lands knee high in the snow, she scowers the land looking… looking for something. Then, she spots it, her hand dives into the snow. There, something there. She pulls. Snow breaks off and falls around her as she pulls with her strength. From the frozen land a kaldorei hunter with white hair emerges, still and cold.

Syrinia opens her eyes. Wood, she sees wood, she looks around to the left. Trees. Water. Turning to the right, table… chair… Ferwyn!

“We thought we’d lost you sister” Ferwyn said calmly. And with that Metya leaned over handing Ferwyn a mug that steamed with heat. Ferwyn offered it to Syrinia’s mouth. Syrinia takes a sip slowly as she lay in the bed. She looks up and smiles.

“How did you know?” she spoke weakly

“How could I not have known” Ferwyn smiles. “Elune made sure I’d look after you” and with that she chuckled. She then turned to look towards the doorway. A tall purple haired rogue stood there with a smile. Beside him was the great ghost sabre.

“Lilith” Syrinia called out in relief.

“Don’t worry, she’s ok” Telsyr spoke quietly.

“Thank you. thank you all” She said. She knew that as long as they were near her, she would forever be safe.

“What were you doing in that place in that weather, sister?” Ferwyn questioned.

Syrinia didn’t answer. She knew it was not right to burden them with it yet. She simply smiled at her and spoke softly

“Thank you my dear sister. I will not fail you again”

The silver haired huntress turned and rested her head to the side. Ferwyn knew that, for now, it was not good to ask any further. She understood her sister well enough to know that she would tell her in her own time. Ferwyn kissed Syrinia on the cheek and stood up.

“Rest well sister” and with that she took the arm of Metya and they walked out, followed by Telsyr.

Though safe and secure, Syrinia feels a tear fall down her cheek.

“Not yet” she spoke to the ghost saber. “In time we will tell them, but not yet”

She closes her eyes and rests as she listens to the trees whisper their song in the wind.
Back to top Go down
Ferwyn
Fangirl
Ferwyn

PostSubject: Re: [Story] A frozen waste   [Story] A frozen waste I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:13 am

eek!
I thought you;d died >.<
I'm interested to know where this goes
Back to top Go down
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

PostSubject: Re: [Story] A frozen waste   [Story] A frozen waste I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:39 am

Hehe yeah I was sort of going for the dramatic effect with that. After that story of how ferwyn and syrinia battled. I felt I wanted to write something where ferwyn basically saves syrinias life.

I've also no idea where its going to go. I've not actually thought at this point on what syrinia was looking for. Kinda liked the element of mystery and secrecy more than revealing what it was

Its kinda like we've been saying before how our roleplay stories grow and develop in time and how even we don't know where the next chapter will come from. This thing syrinia was searching for may never get revealed... or it may do. That's why I love roleplay so much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Story] A frozen waste   [Story] A frozen waste I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Story] A frozen waste
Page 1 of 1