Twilight Expedition Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Expedition Forum

The home of the Twilight Expedition; seekers of knowledge, diplomacy and wisdom.

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

[Story] Thoughts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ferwyn
Fangirl
Ferwyn

[Story] Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: [Story] Thoughts   [Story] Thoughts I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:09 am

So many papers and documents to sort through, am I the only one who ever tidies these things?

There’s a book, it looks familiar, though I don’t remember it.

When I open it, I remember.

It was my father’s.

I remember.

I don’t want to remember it, I don’t, I had forgotten it all, pushed out of my mind.

Now it comes back.

I am young.

Merely a child.

Nordrassil is beautiful as it was then. We walk through the trees, the forests are alive. Father shows me the flowers, and the animals. Mother shows me the stars, the moon. Tells me that the Goddess is the moon and she watches us. I didn’t understand then, the moon doesn’t have eyes, I say. Mother and Father laugh and smile at me, their only child, a blessing, more love than anyone can imagine. We walk on, more plants, more animals. In the distance there is something I don’t recognise. Father sees it too, draws his sword. Get back, he says, hide. Mother pulls me behind a tree, into the shadows. The demon sees us though, bypasses Father, goes for Mother. I am pushed forwards, away from its blade. But I see, it goes in the front, out the back. Her white robes now crimson. Father roars, attacks with his sword. Demon is in bits. Father is in tears, and that scares me more than the demon.

“Mother is with Elune now isn’t she?” I ask. Father nods, pulls me close. Never felt so safe than when Father held me close. But then, in the bush I am thrown again. Something hits Father, blinding light, and the sword along with Father, hit the floor.
I am alone now, demons have gone.

“Father?” I ask, his eyes are still open. “Papa?” Still no response. Then I know, Father is with the Goddess too now.

I am alone, truly. I cry.

Haven’t cried since then, never have, never will.

At least I’m not alone now. I have him. Warrior, like Father, strong, protective. Looks after me, though I don’t think I need it. I love him more than words could ever say.

I have her, my sister. Never had a sister. But she, is everything I wanted to be when I was small. Strong, proud, beautiful huntress. I love her, give my life for her, we’re connected forever.

And then, my cat, my beautiful cat. He is my everything, my world is him. We are entwined forever, souls forged into one. Draw strength from each other, and power. Like the sentinels of old. Maiq is my life, and I am his.

I tried to finish the book once, all the herbs and plants of Azeroth. Added Outland specimens, no Northrend though. Maybe I should start again. Perhaps I was wrong to forget, but it hurts less that way. I’ll start once more, I owe that to them, my parents.
If they could see how their world has changed, we lost the world tree, now we have this...sham of a world tree in its place. Malfurion is lost, the High Priestess Tyrande constantly under attack from Staghelm. If they could see the damned walk their once precious world. They would weep so.

If they were here...no...I do not want them here.

I would just lose them all over again.

What if I lost what I have now?

The Expedition. It is everything.

And if it wasn’t there?

His power, seems so...tangible...tempting...no!

Don’t you dare think like that! They aren’t going anywhere, and neither are you.

Inside the back cover of the book, the blue stones, the bracelet. Found it on my mother’s body. Made from Elune Stones. People say they are her tears. I found one once, with Syrinia. Maybe Elune wept for us, for what we face. Maybe Elune wept for my Mother and my Father. Maybe she didn’t, she has them now, safe.

They never saw me grow up, become a huntress, become who I am. Would they be proud? Spend my life battling the enemies of my kin, it’s all I can do. I am a soldier for the Goddess, warrior of the night. Would they be proud? Northrend, the scourge, I do what I can, but it is not enough. Still, would they be proud of their only daughter?

Something falls out of the book. A letter? How have I missed this?

“Dearest Ferwyn, my beautiful daughter.

If you have this book, it means I have passed. And I am sorry for that.

I hope you have grown into the strong, fearless Kaldorei I hoped you to be. A huntress perhaps? A cat by your side? Fighting whatever evils the world throws to you. And I know you will succeed.

I hope you have found yourself a mate, and I don’t mind saying, I hope you chose Metya. He was a strong, brave, caring boy. He will have become a stronger, braver, more caring man. You deserve someone like him, to look out for you...not that you will need it!

I hope you have taken an interest in the world around you, as a huntress I know you will be aware of your surroundings, but this is not what I mean. The flowers, my daughter, the plants. I hope you will continue my book, so that the Swiftsongs will one day have a specimen of every plant in the world. I know your mother thought I was silly, but that was my dream. Don’t give up on it my daughter.

I wish you luck Ferwyn, I wish you happiness. Know that I love you, and I am proud of you. Never think that I am not.
Look for me when it is your time, but not a second earlier.

Your ever loving Father

‘Papa’"

I can hear his voice, reading the words.

Mother’s bracelet has found its way onto my wrist.

I can barely read the letter anymore, my eyes are clouding.

I weep for them.

I am not alone.

Ever.
Back to top Go down
Ferwyn
Fangirl
Ferwyn

[Story] Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Story] Thoughts   [Story] Thoughts I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 10:09 am

((Hmm, this isn't what I expected XD My mind went off on one. I've never really explored Fer's past, so this was quite nice for me to write.))
Back to top Go down
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

[Story] Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Story] Thoughts   [Story] Thoughts I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2009 12:23 pm

i'm speechless. i adore this. to get close to the real ferwyn inside. it's your best story yet. don't stop writing them. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

[Story] Thoughts Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Story] Thoughts   [Story] Thoughts I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Story] Thoughts
Page 1 of 1