Twilight Expedition Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Expedition Forum

The home of the Twilight Expedition; seekers of knowledge, diplomacy and wisdom.

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

Carry on the Story

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ferwyn
Fangirl
Ferwyn

Carry on the Story Empty
PostSubject: Carry on the Story   Carry on the Story I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 9:49 am

((The idea here is, I've started a story that I'd like for us all to continue as part of a bit of a guild RP initiative...soooo here ye go for the first bit...carry on as you see fit.))

Ferwyn shook her head as she watched the procession, some humans and dwarves were bringing some sort of message to Lady Whisperwind and had felt the need to come in a group. Their boots echoed on the piers of Darkshore where they all lined up waiting for the boat to come that would take them to Darnassus. She grinned as she watched the Sentinels send them back to the inn after having told them that the next boat would not be until morning because of an issue on the other side of the sea.

Once back in the inn humans and dwarves grumbled to themselves in Dwarven so as not to be understood by those who could speak common, raising the suspicions of all Kaldorei in the area, it wasn’t a common sight; two humans and two dwarves huddled around a table in the corner of a purely night elf inn because of its location. The innkeeper set a tray of Moonberry juices down on the table, much to the complaints of the group of strangers, and backed away muttering to herself in Darnassian.

Sat at the bar, Ferwyn chuckled and nodded her agreement to the woman who smiled back slyly before sliding a tall glass of water across the bar to the green haired elf. Ferwyn nodded her thanks and sipped from the glass, keeping her gaze on the group of strangers in the corner. Having fought for the Dwarves for a good few months now, she had picked up on enough Dwarven to get the general idea of what they were saying.

“D’ya think tha long ear leader will go fer it?”

“Ah dunno lad but ah hope so, them long ear archers are tha best in tha business ya ‘ave ta give ‘em that.”

“Hmm, I imagine it will be difficult to convince the female, but that druid seems a little wayward, maybe he will be easier to convince.”

“In my opinion I would say that the female is not as competent a leader as the druid, she seems a little ‘moon struck’ if you get my drift.”

The group laughed and clinked their glasses. Ferwyn drained hers and slammed it down on the bar, raising the attention of the other patrons and the group in the corner. She slid off her stool and stalked gracefully across the room.

“Look lads tha long ear girlie wants ta say ‘ello!” One of the dwarves said in common this time.

“More than that Dwarf, I came to remind you that the majority of us support both the great Lady and the Druid equally, and I for one would appreciate it, if you did not speak ill of one or the other in our territory again. I would also remind you, that the drink you are so copiously downing, is deceptively strong, I’d watch out later if I were you, you won’t be able to see straight.” She then proved her own relative immunity to the moonberries effects by taking the nearest dwarf’s drink and downing it.

Ferwyn then turned around and headed back to the bar, returning the innkeepers amused smile. Before she had reached her seat however, the dwarf whose drink she had taken had stood up and had called out to her.

“Ey lassie, ye don’t jus’ drink a person’s drink, ya ‘ave ta get ‘em a new ‘un.”

“And what if I don’t want to?” Ferwyn folded her arms and faced the dwarf, a challenging look in her eyes.

“Then me and tha lads might ‘ave ta teach ya a lesson fer being rude.” The dwarf nodded to his companions and they stood up, flanking him.

Ferwyn sighed and shook her head exasperated.

“You can’t start a fight in here, it’s not like your boarish inns, this is actually decent.”

The dwarf roared and threw the empty glass he was holding at the tall elf, it glanced off her shoulder before smashing into pieces on the floor. She swore in their tongue, since swearing in Darnassian seemed wrong somehow. Her sound was coupled with an almighty roar, a large spotted sabre had appeared in the doorway and was making its way to Ferwyn, glaring angrily at the dwarf who had hurt its mistress. It placed itself in front of Ferwyn, blocking the strangers from getting to her, and looked menacingly at the dwarf, baring its large teeth and flexing its claws.

Ferwyn smiled at the animal and knelt down beside it. “Peace old friend peace, do not worry, the sentinels will take care of them, do you see?”

Sure enough, two imposing looking sentinels had entered the bar and were angrily ticking off the group of strangers who shuffled awkwardly and mumbled apologies to the sentinels and to Ferwyn. One of the sentinels stood up and approached Ferwyn, a stern look on her face.

“Alright there Captain Swiftsong?” She saluted and Ferwyn saluted back.

“At ease Ranger Moonshadow, you know I’m not a Captain any more, you don’t have to be so formal with me.”

The strangers looked up simultaneously, a little shocked at the idea that they’d tried to take on an affiliate of the sentinel army. At this point another night elf walked into the inn, having just arrived in Darkshore and heard of the incident from a child outside.

“Sister,” called the silver haired elf, “what has happened?”
Back to top Go down
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

Carry on the Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carry on the Story   Carry on the Story I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 25, 2009 4:33 pm

Standing in the doorway of the inn stood Syrinia, her hair glowed from the moonlight cast upon it from outside. Ferwyn smiled then turned back and stared at the troublesome group. A wry smile creped across her face.

“Welcome back sister, I was just… educating these dwarves and humans”

Syrinia walked up to Ferwyn and looked upon the group. She leans forward in an intimidating manner towards one dwarf.

“looks like they’re beyond hope of education” she smirked

“listen lass, don’t yae be sayin stuff like tha’ round us” the dwarf called back “you don’t know who yae be dealin with ‘ere, lass”

“brave little one aren’t you” syrinia spoke in a cold voice. Then her eyes flicked to the left. The dwarf turned to look. A ghostly appearance of a large saber stood staring at the dwarf. Syrinia flicked her eyes to the right. The dwarf causiously followed and saw the large dark saber mirroring the ghost sabers stance, staring right back at him.

Ferwyn grinned, leant forward and places her hand on Syrinias shoulder. She turn her attention towards the dwarf and spoke,

“you see, this isn’t the place for you dwarf, I suggest you and your friends move along now”

“c’mon lads, we’re leavin’ now, we’ve more important things t’ be doin” the dwarf said. The group slowly got up to leave. “mark my words lass, yae ‘ave not ‘eard the last o’ us.”

They walked out the door. The last human in the group turned back and looked at Ferwyn directly. A dark grin appeared on his face, then he turned and left.

“what was all that about, sister? And what was that look he gave you?”
Back to top Go down
Ferwyn
Fangirl
Ferwyn

Carry on the Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carry on the Story   Carry on the Story I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 26, 2009 3:12 pm

Ferwyn chuckled wryly.

"He insulted Lady Tyrande so I told him off and drank his drink, just to add a bit of flair, then he threw the empty glass at me, he missed. Probably because those moonberries were kicking in. Silly dwarf."

Ferwyn paused and sighed.

"I don't doubt they'll be back though, somewhat proud those dwarves, always have to have the last word."

Ferwyn motioned to the door and the two huntresses made their exit after Ferwyn placed a couple of gold coins on the bar for the trouble she had caused.

Standing on the beach, watching their sabres play in the water, Ferwyn spoke again.

"They said something about a deal that they think the Great Lady won't like, but that the Druid will agree, I didn't like the sound of it, so I felt the need to step in. I told them that I supported the druid but I am a little suspicious of what is going on. I feel we should try to look into this sister...but from the sounds of it, it could get a little...dangerous. Those dwarves meant business"

Ferwyn pulled he cloak tighter around her shoulders in an effort to block out the biting wind, "Metya is going to tell us not to do anything isn't he?"

Syrinia grinned, "He can't say anything, he frequently gets himself into trouble, we just won't say anything. We have proved ourselves more than capable of these sorts of things in the past."

Ferwyn looked sideways at the older huntress and nodded, knowing she was right.
Back to top Go down
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

Carry on the Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carry on the Story   Carry on the Story I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 27, 2009 5:56 pm

“Besides” Syrinia continued, “you fill his heart, he’d only worry”

Ferwyn smiled and nodded.

The two huntresses walked along the shore until they came upon a large rock. They sat down facing out across the waters of darkshore at the moon on the horizon. Ferwyn sat with her legs up and her arms resting on her knees.

“you look concerned, sister” Syrinia said as she sat cross legged

Ferwyns silver eyes glowed in the moonlight but seemed distant in thought.

“There is too much in shadows these days, old enemies opening up old wounds and those who should be trusted seem to turn so easily” the green haired kaldorei said with a quiet voice that seemed to carry a weight to the words.

Syrinia stared at the moon over the sea and replied “aye, much is uncertain these many moons”

“it’s just those dwarfs, the way they were talking, I can’t help but be concerned that there is something much more sinister to what they spoke” Ferwyn said with her eyes fixed upon the moon ahead. “Elune can sometimes feel so far away in times like these”

Syrinia took out a flask and offered Ferwyn a drink. Ferwyn took a sip and passed it back. They sat quietly looking across the sea. The water was calm, slowly lapping at the shore as the tide crawlers scuttled about, digging in the sand for a tasty morsel of food. The full moon rolled along the horizon casting long shadows into the forest.

“What did they say again?” the silver haired huntress asked

“Something about Lady Whisperwind not liking it but Staghelm would”

“Okay, so what could that be?” Syrinia questioned her thoughts aloud “It’s no secret about their power struggle, but as to something that Staghelm would be more interested in… hmm some druid artefact, perhaps? Maybe they’ve unearthed something in their greed for digging up ore”

“Perhaps” Ferwyn replied “though I’m not sure about that either”

“We need to find answers, did you hear if they were going somewhere after the inn?”

Ferwyn thought about what she heard

“Well I guess they would head for Darnassus” then she frowned “but from what I heard it may be too open and exposed for whatever they’ve got in mind”

Syrinia looked back at her dear friend and smiled. The two kaldorei nodded knowing what the other was thinking and got up and headed to the Hippogryphs back near the inn. Ferwyn walked up to one of the creatures and stroked its feathers along its neck. The Hippogryph lowered its head and let out a low sound. Ferwyn whispered to the animal and it raised its beak to the air then stood up. The front talons stepped forward as the claws chipped at the wood floor. The great creature opened its wings and Ferwyn climbed on. She continued to stroke the feathers upon its neck and the beast chirped a low sound.

“you really have a way with elunes creatures don’t you” Syrinia said as she watched her friends uncanny ability to understand animals

Ferwyn looked back and smiled. Syrinia mounted up upon another hippogryph and as she did Ferywn took off into the moonlit sky, closely followed by Syrinia.

The mighty bird like creatures swooped along the shoreline and darted between rocks and across the water. They flew close to each other as they dived between the exposed sails of the sunken ship to the north of the shore. Travelling fast and raising into the sky Ferwyn laughed out.

Syrinia called out

“What’s so funny?”

“I still love this like it was my first time flying” Ferwyn called back and called out as her hippogryph flew into a dive then pulled up raising high into the sky. Then she stopped laughing and she looked down over the water below

“By the goddess, it’s them” She pointed to she ship below travelling towards the great tree Teldrassil

Syrinia looked down to where she was pointing and on the deck of the ship were the same dwarves and their human friends they had confronted in the inn earlier.

“we must get there before them” Ferwyn called “ fly like the wind”

The hippogryphs darted forward increasing their speed and overtaking the ship below. They headed straight for the nests at Rut’theran village and with a majestic swoop they landed in time just as the ship was approaching the dock.

“Quick” Ferwyn said “we must get to Darnassus before them” and darted off towards the main entrance.

As they approached a large Warrior stepped through making his way out of the city, his attention was elsewhere and he bumped into the two huntresses, knocking them over in their haste.

Ferwyn picked herself up and looked at the familiar face

“Metya!” She called

“Where are you both off to in such a hurry?” He said warmly
Back to top Go down
Ferwyn
Fangirl
Ferwyn

Carry on the Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carry on the Story   Carry on the Story I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:51 am

"Er...we were just...erm" Ferwyn stuttered, casting about for an answer that he wouldn't find suspicious.

"Going shopping!" Syrinia exclaimed quickly, nudging Ferwyn with her elbow.

"Yeah, yes we are, shopping, need new robes." Ferwyn cottoned on quickly, trying to stop herself from laughing at the look of vague horror on Metya's face.

"Yes, there are new designs out you know." Syrinia said seriously.

Ferwyn nodded, "yes there's a couple of really lovely new dyes as well, there's a really deep purple that would go really well with Syr's hair."

"Alright, alright, I'll let you on your way!" Metya cried, desperate for the dress conversation to drop. He stood to the side so that the two huntresses could step through the portal into the city. "I'll see you back at the guild halls tonight alright?" He called as they hurried forwards.

"Right!" They chorused as they disappeared. Metya shook his head and headed down to the docks, intending to board a ship to Auberdine and then to Stormwind. As he approached the docks, he almost walked into a very angry sounding dwarf who sounded like he was ranting about "jumped up huntresses." Metya shook his head and went to step onto the ship until he heard Ferwyn's name mentioned. The dwarf was ranting about her to a rather confused looking sentinel who actually didn't know her whereabouts, despite the dwarves insistance that she must.

Metya turned to the dwarf and addressed him in a loud voice. "Why do you want to know where Ferwyn is?"

"She an' 'er li'l frien' 'ave ta' be taught a lesson!" The dwarf raged.

Metya shook his head exasperatedly. "What did she do?" Expecting a tale of abuse directed towards the dwarf from Ferwyn.

"She drank ma drink is wha' she did, then 'er an' 'er frien' insulted us!"

"I see," Metya said without a trace of sympathy, knowing of his mate's dislike for this particular race, and not entirely disagreeing with her. "Well she just went into the city, but you won't get it if you're just going to make trouble."

"Actually we're on official business." One of the humans stepped in to avoid a situation.

Metya nodded, holding a certain respect for humans and then inclined his head towards the portal. "Though I think I'll come with you." He added.

The dwarf tried to protest but was shushed by the other dwarf, who turned out to be female. Metya blinked suspiciously at her.

When they had got through the portal, Metya dropped into the shadows to observe the group without them knowing it.

"Cowardly elf disappeared!" The other human exclaimed in dwarvish. "We must find those two females, before they alert that priestess of our proposals!" The rest of the group voiced their agreements, the group then split into two groups in order to cover more ground.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Carry on the Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: Carry on the Story   Carry on the Story I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Carry on the Story
Page 1 of 1