Twilight Expedition Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Expedition Forum

The home of the Twilight Expedition; seekers of knowledge, diplomacy and wisdom.

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

[Story] [Update - Final] The Travels of Aryniadarel - Volume I

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Aryniadarel

Aryniadarel

[Story] [Update - Final] The Travels of Aryniadarel - Volume I Empty
PostSubject: [Story] [Update - Final] The Travels of Aryniadarel - Volume I   [Story] [Update - Final] The Travels of Aryniadarel - Volume I I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 1:51 am

The Travels of Aryniadarel Dy’nien – Hunter, Archaeologist and Wolfcub. Volume I of XII

Chapter 1

The day I set foot on that forsaken boat would be the first of many. I knew not what I was setting out to achieve nor when I would be coming back. I was sad to see my homeland dissappear over the horizon behind me but I knew this was something I had to do. This is where my story begins.

The seas were calm that day and the wind felt solemn, as though it were sleeping. The men held their posture well but I knew they were uneasy about the journey before us. The tension could be felt as though it had manifested itself into a mist and was lurking down the deck, bringing whispers of fear and concern with it. I did my best not to dwell on their thoughts. I had to be strong for all of us and there is no place for hesitation where we are going.

We journeyed for many days before we saw land. It was the youngest of the crew that noticed it first, making the appropriate callings to convey his sighting. The moment I laid eyes on the silhouette of land on the horizon I felt a strange pull inside my chest. I thought it was my heart. An intense beating had begun, like drums, to pound inside of me. I remember gripping my chest and steadying myself on the mast as I staggered back a little. This sensation intensified for what felt like hours but no-one seemed to notice. It wasn’t long before it stopped and I was free. I was not allowed time, free of interruption, to worry about what had just happened. The navigator informed me that the land was in fact a small island that had been explored many years ago and had nothing of interest. I, however, disagreed and encouraged him to drop anchor and allow me to disembark. I took the young crewman with me, along with one other who did not seem much older than his counterpart. We hadn’t made it more than a few metres from the ship before the rain began to fall, and heavily too. Undeterred, I urged everyone to push on. I was not going to be turned away by a little bad weather.

By the time the boat had reached the beach the weather had calmed again, it is as though Arkkoran had simply stirred in his mighty slumber. I left the boat in the care of the crewmates that had come ashore with me, and with Elune as my guide I ventured blindly into the forest. I reflected on the journey so far, I tried to reconnect with my feelings on the ship. To see if I could discover whatever or whomever was pulling me in to this land. I admit, I was deeply concerned by the odd sensations I felt when I first saw this place but I felt like I was doing what was right. As though I was always meant to come here, on this shore, and walk through this jungle. Something was driving me, I knew that much and it was not before long that I discovered what.

As I reached a clearing something caught my eye at the far end. A glisten in the trees, almost a glow as if something was reflecting the moonlight. I stepped closer cautiously, the beating could be felt on my heart once again as I approached. The more I moved towards the glow, the worse the sensation got. It began to hurt. Finally I was stood on top of the glow, I pushed the shrub aside and the sight almost knocked me off my feet. What I saw was metal, a large iron chest plate to be precise. An unfortunate adventurer lay at my feet with vicious claw marks all over his body that punctured both metal and flesh. Kneeling down I realised that whatever did this was large and powerful. He had not begun to rot and so I pressed my hand firmly against his wound and found, to my dismay, that his body was still warm. At that moment I heard a growl come from behind. I remained deadly still, slowly running my hand along my belt and allowing it to quietly come to rest on the hilt of my sword. I gripped it firmly and turned my head. This was not going to be easy...

Chapter 2 (Coming Soon...)

Last edited by Aryniadarel on Thu Mar 25, 2010 4:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

[Story] [Update - Final] The Travels of Aryniadarel - Volume I Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Story] [Update - Final] The Travels of Aryniadarel - Volume I   [Story] [Update - Final] The Travels of Aryniadarel - Volume I I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 12:35 pm

((ooo very cool. looking forward to hearing more about Aryniadarel))
Back to top Go down

[Story] [Update - Final] The Travels of Aryniadarel - Volume I
Page 1 of 1