Twilight Expedition Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Expedition Forum

The home of the Twilight Expedition; seekers of knowledge, diplomacy and wisdom.

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

[Story] Silencing the Overseer

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

[Story] Silencing the Overseer Empty
PostSubject: [Story] Silencing the Overseer   [Story] Silencing the Overseer I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 21, 2009 8:01 pm

The night moon shone down upon the Silverwing outpost. The forests whispered with the wind blowing through the great branches and the sounds of night birds and insects calling echoed around the ancient woodland like eternal songs. Syrinia was sat quietly at a small table outside the main hall. Raene Wolfrunner sat opposite her, her face appeared deep in thought.

“What troubles you, sister?” Syrinia asked

Raene look up and faced her.

“The greenskins nearby, huntress. They trouble me greatly” she said quietly. “again they’ve attacked the sisters here at the outpost. Their need to drive us from our forests never ceases”

“Cannot something be done?” Syrinia pondered her words.

“Things aren’t so simple anymore, as you well know.” she said “The war in the north has the alliance and horde fighting side by side. If we did anything here, Lady Tyrande has warned things could upset the fragile allegiance in the battle against the foul Lich king. She cannot afford the old wars to ruin the assault upon Arthas”

Syrinia frowned “But, you know too well the wars of the alliance and horde still rage in Azeroth, cannot we at least defend our forests?” slamming her fist down on the table with frustration, “the greenskins are using our forests to build their war machines. If we don’t stop them we run the threat of loosing everything”

“Don’t you think I know that, Syrinia? I see it night after night, ancient spirits are cut down in front of Elune herself” she points to the moon.

The two kaldorei sit in silence once more. Neither one looks at the other. Then a sly smile appears on Raene’s face.

“Ferwyn once told me of your swiftness in battle” Raene spoke softly, “isn’t that true?”

The white haired kaldorei nodded.

“Listen, I feel the same as you, sister, we all do. We do not need to stop them all, but we could do more good if we got them where it hurts them” she said with a coldness to her tone “take out the overseer, do it quietly, do it secretly, do not be seen at all costs and cover all track”

Syrinia started to smirk with a menacing glee, Raene continued,

“…in the confusion we can stop them but without causing… trouble… to Tyrande. I’m returning to Astranaar, I don’t want to know how, just to know it’s done, sister”

Syrinia nodded. “I will be as quiet as Elune is bright” She stood and bowed to her friend. “Andu-falah-dor, sister” and turn on her heals and walked out into the forests.

As the great moon set lower in the sky, the night sky fell darker, the shadows of the trees were long and a steady quietness fell across Ashenvale. Syrinia, high in a tree branch peered down upon the Warsong lumber camp. Watching the movements of the few orc still working, cutting and hacking away at the trees that had been felled earlier. The guards pacing up and down the camp, watching over the peons as they hacked the Ashenvale wood. Syrinia, high in the tree branches monitored their movements.

Her opportunity to move came, when a peon loading a cart to set off to the main wood yard. With the cart full of lumber and ready to move, Syrinia leaped down and dived under the carts frame, staying low behind the carts axle and out of sight.

“work work” the peon grumbled.

Slowly, steadily the cart started moving, Syrinia moved with it, keeping low underneath and staying near the wheels to hide her shadows. As the cart trundled past a pile of logs the night elf ducked behind them and shadowmelded in the darkside of the pile. From there she watched 2 heavily armed guards march past. Syrinia knew that she’d dealt with bigger enemy than this, but that was not her purpose here. Silent and swift she must be.

The guards disappeared past a small tent and out of sight, Syrinia ran to the next log pile, shadowmelding as she stopped still. She peered up at the small barrowden overlooking the workyard and could see the place the overseer worked. But was he in there? She couldn’t say for sure. The next moment she ran to the barrow and stood with her back to the wall and leaning over she could see the doorway. Syrinia waited for the right moment she could move without being seen, then she creeped inside.

Sticking to the shadow she looked around and there at a table was a great greenskin asleep, his arm out flat on the surface and his head resting on that. The big fangs dripped saliva onto the table.

Syrinia moved closer and from behind the green beast. She drew her sword slowly, drawing it back ready to be thrust into the orcs flesh

“Whhaaat??” The orc yelled

He’s awake, damn it, she thought. The orc grabbed for a sword and blocked Syrinias strike.

“What you want She-Elf?” the overseer growled.
She swung her sword at him again only to be blocked again and again. She was surprised at how well trained this orc was.

“You want to die she-elf? RAAAHHH” he swung his sword at her and the force knocked her back.

She picked her self up and darted between the posts and furniture, dodging each swing of the orcs sword as she struck with hers. Rarely has she encountered one so well trained in these parts of the land. Clearly this Orc was more experienced than the many she’d encountered in Ashenvale before. Their swords clashed again and again, the orc growled and roared with each attack. Syrinia remained silent as she parried his attacks. She thrust her sword low and attacked with the other sword high, but the great brute blocked both her attacks.

“Little she-elf can’t stop me, RAAHH!” His mighty sword swung at her and as she dived out the way she was struck with a kick to her knees. The Orc roared as she fell to the floor.

“Now, night elf, You die” The huge orc rose his sword high to strike. Syrinia pulled 2 arrows from her quiver and with her hands, she pushed them straight into his chest. The Orc howled as the arrows sunk deep. Raising his sword again to strike, Syrinia grabbed two more arrows and thrust them in his stomach. The Orc stumbled back, clutching the arrows embedded into him, blood dripping from his mouth. He roared again and came at her with all his force. Syrinia swung her swords low and with a thud the orc crashed to the ground. She pulls she swords out his legs and readied herself, but the orc was silent. He was dead.

Syrinia picked herself up, and looked about. Not as silent as she hoped, but the battle was kept within the barrow. She shadowmelded into the shadow listening out for any approaching noise. She heard nothing. From her bag she then produced a Satyr’s horn. She then proceeded to scratch marks with it into the walls and ground. Then she thrust it into the arm of the dead orc. She then took some Satyr hair and scuffed the orcs blade and armour with it. She continued covering her tracks by leaving the evidence of a Satyr behind.

“all too easy” Syrinia smiled. And with that she darted out the barrowden and deep into the forests

Returning to Astranaar she met up with Raene within the inn. She didn’t say of what she did, she simply said to her

“it is done”

Raene smiled and with that Syrinia left into the night and her and Lilith set out into the deep forest.
Back to top Go down
Ferwyn
Fangirl
Ferwyn

PostSubject: Re: [Story] Silencing the Overseer   [Story] Silencing the Overseer I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 12:39 pm

Wow! I didn't know Syr was so vicious =P

I like this story though, it was gooood and I can totally see Syrinia doing it hehe
Back to top Go down
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

PostSubject: Re: [Story] Silencing the Overseer   [Story] Silencing the Overseer I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 24, 2009 2:47 pm

yep Syrinia can be a cold killer when it is required of her. Her love for the forests is very strong. Afterall she is a true Guardian of Cenarius, keeper of the forests. it's her duty to defend it. She is also very kaldorei and the old ways of 'looking down upon other races as inferior sometimes comes through, even though recent times it's less acceptable to be that way inclinded. to Syrinia, the goddess is all and she would do everything for her beliefs and her friends
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Story] Silencing the Overseer   [Story] Silencing the Overseer I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Story] Silencing the Overseer
Page 1 of 1