Twilight Expedition Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Expedition Forum

The home of the Twilight Expedition; seekers of knowledge, diplomacy and wisdom.

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

[Story] A forest walk

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

[Story] A forest walk Empty
PostSubject: [Story] A forest walk   [Story] A forest walk I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 8:18 pm

[Story] A forest walk 3880227506_7244d66394_b

Gathered in my thoughts, I walk along the path of Ashenvale. My forest. My home. The trees whisper to me. They sing the song of the breeze. The breeze that flows through this land like the blood in my veins. Yes, this is where I belong. So many memories live here, so many dreams. I cannot count how many I have had, and I am just one of many in the land. Yes, my memories. The trees remember for me. They remember all that I once was, and all I shall be… yes they will remember that too.

I remember.

I remember when I was young. Yes, we gathered on the bridge of Astranaar. The water below rippled. My sister and I would watch the fish swim. Such colours. As bright as the goddess in her sky. Swimming with majesty. The sentinels would feed their sabres here.

The cycle of life.

Yes the sabres, those beautiful creatures. I envied the sentinels. They walk never alone. Their sabres with them always. I was envious. Sister took her bow and trained to become one. She walked with a nightsabre from the forests along the dark shore.

I was envious.

But sister fell. Dear sweet sister. Her bow was broke, her sabre slain. Why? Why did she go? Elune looks after her now. She is now a star, a star in Elunes ocean sky. She is with Elune. I look up to see her, I cannot tell. So many stars swim in the night sky. Elune protects them all. I cannot see my sisters star.

I cannot see her.

But now the Orcs have come. They cut the trees down… such trees. They hold memories. So many memories destroyed. The trees cannot whisper their words in the breeze. The sound of wood cracking and crashing. I hate it. I want it to stop. I must do something. The bow, I will take a bow. I will become a huntress like my sister. I will train until my fingers bleed from the bow strings. I will not stop

Never stop.

Lilith by my side. I feed her the fish from the lake, just as the sentinels of old once did. She makes me feel whole again. Where she came from I do not know. Is she a spirit? Is she dead? Is she from Elunes realm? Could my sister have sent her? I know not these answers. I know Lilith is part of me now. Inseparable.

We are one.

I have a new sister. A sister of the bow. Such bright green hair. She also is a follower of the old sentinel ways. Maybe the loss of my own sister helped me bond with my new. They were very similar. My new sister walks with a nightsabre also. They are one also. She brings new friends too. We are united under our banner. We are of one mind, one goal. We are together

I am no longer alone

The trees tell me they fear the future. Something is coming. Something terrible. No, not the betrayer. What would he want with this land now? Not that human abomination either. He keeps to the north. What is it that comes this way? The ancients cannot answer either. Is it something new? Or something even older than the world itself. Some deamon long forgotten? Some creature from the skies? The draenei fell from the skies, what else could come? What do the trees fear? Is our time on this world drawing to an end? The humans and orcs have done much to destroy all I once held dear. Are we children of the stars destined to return to Elune?

Will we survive?

Ah but for now my walk is over. I’ve reached Astranaar. Surrounded by the same lake filled with the fish dear Lilith has a taste for. I shall fish her some supper. She has earned it. The Inn over there, I shall rest there as day breaks. My sleep is restless of late. But to be here again, I will sleep well. Leaning over the bridge now. Looking at the fish swim by, just as my sister and I once did. Yes, Astranaar. This is my home. I feel as I should feel. I know who I am when I am here. Looking into the water at my reflection. My silver hair. Silver like Elune. Yes. This is who I am

I am Kaldorei
Back to top Go down
Ferwyn
Fangirl
Ferwyn

PostSubject: Re: [Story] A forest walk   [Story] A forest walk I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 5:17 pm

*flails*

Good Gracious...that was amazing!

I was so...I don't know...wrapped in the words...wow, just wow!

Might write one of these for Fer...kind of a thought stream thing...so nice!
Back to top Go down
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

PostSubject: Re: [Story] A forest walk   [Story] A forest walk I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 5:37 pm

~grins thank you so much~

hehe yeah that's a good way to describe that, a thought stream. i felt i was just rambling but yeah it's sort of a though pattern. ideas leading to new ones. If Ferwyn did one i'd be really fascinated in what she comes up with
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Story] A forest walk   [Story] A forest walk I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Story] A forest walk
Page 1 of 1