Twilight Expedition Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Expedition Forum

The home of the Twilight Expedition; seekers of knowledge, diplomacy and wisdom.

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

[Story] Sisters of War

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ferwyn
Fangirl
Ferwyn

[Story] Sisters of War Empty
PostSubject: [Story] Sisters of War   [Story] Sisters of War I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 7:11 pm

((This NEVER happened, slightly angry, slightly sappy Fer/Syr goodness))

“Hey Guardian of Cenarius!” I scream at her, wanting her to react, who the Fel does she think she is?

“What?!” She shrieks back, spinning round so quickly she nearly falls, if only. Would I even try to save her? I don’t actually know.

“You do know he’s dead and he’s never coming back!” I shout, can’t help the smug edge.

“I still think faith in both is wise...especially since...”

“Since what, since everything got torn apart? Yeah, they both did us a lot of good there, I have no home!” I yell at her, why can’t she understand?

“You have a home, the Twilight...”

“Don’t give me that!” I stare at her. “All you care about is your Gods and your stupid town, there are bigger things at stake here!”

“You think I don’t care? You think I don’t give a damn?”

“Do you?”

She watches me, silver eyes narrowed. “Is that what you think?”

“Evidently, you’re just too wrapped up in your own world to realise, I needed you! And you went to help the druid instead!”

“Maybe I didn’t want to help you, maybe I’m sick of helping you! You say I don’t care, you’re pathetic!”

I don’t know why I did it, I fired my bow, I had it loaded and fired it before she even finished her sentence. It caught her off guard and she took it square in the shoulder, to her credit she kept her balance, but I saw her anger and when she fired her own bow back, I grinned.

“Go Maiq!” I commanded, he looked at me, confusion in his eyes. “Go, take down Lilith!”

Fur has gone mad. Why take down Lil? Lil is friend. Why is Fur and Sur fighting? Where is Met Met? I can’t disobey, I can’t!

He launched himself at the ghost cat, he is far more powerful than she is and tackled her to the floor, I saw blood and knew it was hers, Lilith was out of the battle.

I could see Met, Tel and Ary, lower down the mountain, unable to get to us, watching us open-mouthed and wide-eyed. Bet they never thought this would happen, there is no way out of this, one of us has to die here.

My bow was useless here, her shots were as powerful as mine and she could dodge them just as well as I could. I threw it down, I don’t think she expected that. I growl and throw my weight at her, determined to knock her down. I do, I tackle her to the ground, but she’s got better at this closed combat business and kicks me hard in the stomach. I fall back winded, and a searing pain shot across my shoulders. Apparently in that moment, her dagger had come out and found itself slashed across my back as I doubled over. Coward.

The wind was getting wilder and her hair whipped at me as I dived at her again, it was alive with her emotion, I was thrilled by this, by far the best fight I had ever been in. I succeeded in tackling her to the ground and caught her in the eye with a well placed fist, she threw one back just as hard. I felt my lip split.

We fought each other, hand to hand, it felt like hours but could only have been minutes. My lip, eyebrow and cheek were bleeding. Her nose, and mouth, pouring crimson. A pathetic cry catches my ear and I look to the side, Maiq and Lilith have given up, both battered and bleeding they have collapsed across each other. My urge to care for them distracts me long enough for her to attack me off guard, I go to retaliate but I can’t, a terrible burning in my stomach stops me. Looking down, I see her dagger protruding from underneath my armour. She got in. I left myself open, and now, well, she had won.
No.

This is not how it ends.

Screaming with my last ounces of rage, I kick out and knock her legs from beneath her, she falls.

Met, Tel and Ary all yell out but there is nothing they can do. I have won. I lie back, the blood is everywhere, it can’t all be mine, can it. It starts to get dark, we should move on if we want to get there before it’s too dark to see. It’s getting dark quickly. Far too quickly...

I roll over onto my side, so I can see where she landed, if I can see where she landed, there is no body on the rocks below.

What the Fel...

Then I see it, she’s hanging on a rock, just a little below me, she’s slipping. Good. I lie back and stare into the sky, wondering about...nothing. Are the clouds parting? I think they are. Is that the Moon? I think it is. Oh Fel, Oh Light, Oh sweet Goddess, she has not left after all. She shines down on me, on Syrinia. I roll back over and my eyes meet hers. Oh Fel what have I done?

I pull myself to my feet, my life is fading but I have to save her. Clumsily I jump to the rock, think I twisted my ankle, but I have to save her. Bending, I grab her hands and pull for all I’m worth. Every ounce of my failing strength is being used to pull her, suddenly, without warning, she is up. I fall backwards and she falls forwards. We land in a heap but I don’t care. I hug her, she hugs me, the Moon smiles down and I know I have done well.

She won’t let me die she says, I still hear Met shouting and screaming, he wants to be here, but he can’t get here. She won’t let me die, she says again, she refuses. Those bandages feel cold, but good, as though they are breathing life back into me. My vision becomes clear, Oh Elune, she’s crying.

“How did this happen?” She whispers.

“I...I don’t know.” I stammer.

She hugs me again and I cling to her, Mother Moon is shining down once more. She never left, I realise, and thank her.

“Fur and Sur is safe now Lil. They stop fighting.”

“Sure? Is bad when they fight. Am sorry for hurting you.”

“Am sure. Sorry for hurting you Lil.”

I know what my beautiful cat is thinking as he licks Lilith’s wounds, his eyes bore into me, I can only apologise from the depths of my soul, he would never disobey me, he tells me. But if I do this again, he might have to.

When the boys get to us I am still clinging to her, and I’m never letting go, never.
Back to top Go down
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

[Story] Sisters of War Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Story] Sisters of War   [Story] Sisters of War I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 6:26 am

epic! truely epic!!!!
Back to top Go down

[Story] Sisters of War
Page 1 of 1