Twilight Expedition Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Expedition Forum

The home of the Twilight Expedition; seekers of knowledge, diplomacy and wisdom.

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

My Current Project

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Metya
Admin
Admin
Metya

My Current Project Empty
PostSubject: My Current Project   My Current Project I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 6:34 pm

My Current Project

Hey Guys!

At one point, I think it may have only been Syrinia that I mentioned this too, but I said, seeing as I wasn't going to be on wow much untill christmas I would share with people some of the stuff I've been doing, see what you guys think. ^^

Anyhoo, here is some of the early screenshots of the current project I'm working on.

The images show a hangar bay I'm building, which is on a space station (which I'll show you later, when I actually build that bit)

This is very basic, as I've only worked on it for about half an hour or so, so its not very impressive =P

But anyways, take a look at the screenshots. ^^

(The program I use for these is the editor in UT2004)

This image is of the UnrealEd interface I work with.

My Current Project Work1_10

Here is the first in-game shot I took.

My Current Project Work2_10

Second

My Current Project Work3_10

And third.

My Current Project Work4_10[i]
Back to top Go down
https://twilight.forumotion.co.uk
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

My Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Current Project   My Current Project I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 11:19 am

oooooooooooooooooooo YEYY this is right up my street... erm... spacestation avenue? erm. hehe

I love what you've done so far. looking very excellent so far. love the outer space bit. can you fall out into space or is it like a forcefield so you dont?

i got into ut2004 with an ex (he hated that i got better than him at it. muh ha ha, - never underestimate a girl with a gun) ahem... and since i do 3D i've had a tinker about in unreal ed. if you would like any playtesting i'm well up to help out. i tried to make a level that was on a cliff face with various platforms coming out of small tunnels. never finished it though.

one nice touch of how that unreal ed, but took me ages to get my head around, unlike starting with an infinite void of nothing and making objects in it as you do with most 3d stuff, in unreal ed it's kinda like having a solid block that you cut out holes that become the rooms. once i got to grips with that it started to make sense.

keep working on this.... i'd sooooooo love to see more Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Metya
Admin
Admin
Metya

My Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Update 1   My Current Project I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 7:12 am

Ok, I've been working on the map again this morning and thought I'd share the changes that I've made so far. =D

Here's a shot of the new room I've made at the back of the hangar

My Current Project Work5_10

Here are some of the changes I've made to the main part, mainly to do with the lighting and how the lights are displayed with coronas

My Current Project Work6_10

Another image of the main hangar section

My Current Project Work7_10

Here's an ingame shot of the new part I've created with the walk way, glass floor and pipes

My Current Project Work8_10

The elevator at the back of the walkway

My Current Project Work9_10

And here's a shot of the elevator shaft going up, this is still a bit sparce as I've not started to populate it with meshes and such yet

My Current Project Work1010
Back to top Go down
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

My Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Current Project   My Current Project I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 10:12 am

me is excited!!!

lens flare-tastic Very Happy

since i do 3D particularly 3d scenes, here's a little tip i've learned... if you slightly vary the light colours you can make dramatic effects to the feeling of the place without actually changing anything else.,say for example a more bluer light to the lift area, not too blue, just a subtle bit just to take it away from a pure white light. of course whatever colours you want. you'll be amazed at what difference you can do with a 3d scene or in this case a game level by playing around with lights and shadows n stuff.

hope that was useful info, i don't wanna sound like you know who in WoW dictating how to do things.
Back to top Go down
Metya
Admin
Admin
Metya

My Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Current Project   My Current Project I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 1:27 pm

The lighting through-out this part is meant to have a blue tinge to it... hmmm...

I know the lights don't really have a blue tinge, but I can't alter that as its a texture thats already in the game and I don't know how to make emitter textures XD

I could try making the lights a little more blue though, see how that turns out, I wanted it to look cold because its in the middle of space.
Back to top Go down
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

My Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Current Project   My Current Project I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 1:59 pm

please dont think i was critisising. and after all it was just an idea i wanted to share with you, but yep, the white light does make it quite cold and spacey. i'm really liking what you're doing and am dying to see more.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My Current Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Current Project   My Current Project I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Current Project
Page 1 of 1