Twilight Expedition Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Expedition Forum

The home of the Twilight Expedition; seekers of knowledge, diplomacy and wisdom.

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

The clash of the Moon and of the Sun

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

The clash of the Moon and of the Sun Empty
PostSubject: The clash of the Moon and of the Sun   The clash of the Moon and of the Sun I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 6:43 pm

The greenish hue cast by the thick air draped the tainted woods with its sickening vale. Trees of old, withered and dry. The ground covered with twisted vines and poisoned plants, now fading into the land that was once so pure. The sound of creatures, disgusting creatures, sludging around pools of stagnant waters. Crows fly though the green sky looking for what little food remains, occasionally landing to pick upon the rotting corpse of a fallen bear.

“Felwood” a night elf spoke out to herself. She had been here many times before. Though she had not hoped to come back so soon.

Syrinia knew where she was. This was not a place to be. Her silver hair hidden under her hood. Her silver skin covered deep away under her cloak. Hands bound in leather. Unusual for the Kaldorei, her appearance is one of subtlety. This is no place to shine like Elune.

The huntress walks alone. Her beloved ghost sabre not with her on this night. The night closes in on her silhouette. Her shadow long but faint. Little light comes to these lands.

Syrinia eyes a plant growing just beyond the path, its leaves glowing with a purple haze. The night elf takes a small blade and cuts the leaf.

“hmm” she spied the leaf closer. “curious” with that she placed it in a small pocket. "Ferwyn may be interested in this", she thought.

With her eyes on the pocket as she closes it, a tainted wolf leaps for her, knocking her off balance. the creatures fangs bared with blood, it’s skin covered with scars and sores. It turns back and growls at her. Syrinia swiftly grabs her sword and throws it at the blood crazed animal, imbedding deep into its ribs. The wolf falls to the floor immediately.

“ack, Typical” she mutters, picking herself out of the wet weeds and stumbles towards the dead animal.

“you poor creature. Look at you” she kneels down looking at the creatures eyes. All glazed over, lifeless.

Syrinia quietly utters a prayer for the animal. Then with her saddened eyes she looks at her sword imbedded in the creature. Her arm reaches for it. But stops. Syrinia stays dead still. She feels another blade, pressing into the back of her neck. The Kaldorei keeps still but listening for what it is behind her.

“That was not wise, Kaldorei!” speaks a female voice in a calm but cold tone. Syrinia recognises the accent, A Blood Elf. Damn. this is the last thing she needed.

“Name yourself, Sin’dorei” Syrinia spoke out with a controlled voice.

“You need not know my name, what use would it be to you when you are dead?” the blood elf said. “You know it is not wise for you moon creatures to be digging in the dirt here”

Syrinia tried to keep calm. Her hands move slowly away from her sword she was reaching for.

“So, you’ve got me, now what?”

The blade to the back of her neck pushes in more

“Do not mock me, night elf. You are not in the best position here” She eyes Syrinias backpack. “As you took something of mine, I will take something of yours”

“I took nothing that is yours, child” Syrinias patience was starting to be stretched

In a mocking tone the blood elf replied “ohhhh well let me see, first I was after that creatures pelt, and you took that magic leaf” The sword pokes more into Syrinias neck. The night elf slowly raised her hands showing that she had nothing in them and slowly started to stand. The blood elf pressed her foot into Syrinias leg forcing her to stay on her knees

“Stand up, you die, got that, Kaldorei?”

Syrinias patience had snapped, but in this position she couldn’t do anything. No, she had to wait for her opportunity. “So, you want the wolf pelt? The leaf? Take the things for fel’s sake”

“Hmmm well I would, but you have more valuable things I’m most sure” she tapped the backpack on Syrinia back. “Like, bottles, rich in mana. I know your kind carry them so don’t test me”

Syrinia glares at the ground in front of her. She turns her head to the side trying to see the blood elf behind her. Orange hair. But no sooner had she seen the blade on her neck pushes harder into the skin. Syrinia grits her teeth as she feels the blade pierce her skin.

“Take the damn mana” the night elf hissed.

“You’re so kind” utters the blood elf. Syrinia drops the bag from her shoulder slowly and the blood elf leans down to take it.

Syrinias chance had come. With the blood elf’s eyes focused on the bag, she flicked her hair which wrapped around the sword in the back of her neck as she pulled forward the blade tugged out of the blood elfs hand, the night elf leaped forward onto her hand flicking herself over, throwing the sword from her hair into the sky, catching it and before the blood elf had any time to react Syrinia had the sword pressed right up to the blood elfs chest with her hand around her throat.

“NOW, you with do what I say, is that clear? sun creature?”

The blood elf choked out as she tried to speak

“Save your breath, you were foolish to even think you could hurt me” the huntress glared into the Sin’dorei’s eyes. Green like jade crystals, the blood elfs hair long and orange. A shield on her back and dressed in red and black plated armour. A Paladin. But clearly one that didn’t have the experience to confront the night elf with her skills from Northrend.

Syrinia peers at the girl “you look much too young, child. Very foolish. What am I going to do with one such as you?”

The Sin’dorei’s eye glared back as she tried to hold Syrinias wrist away from her throat with no success.

“NAME!” Syrinia yelled at her

Coughing she uttered “Sh…Shanri”

“Shanri? Well, listen Shanri, if I kill you now, how will your race ever learn. The world is full of dangers. If you cannot be prepared you should have stayed in that fallen city of yours”

Syrinias words hurt Shanri more “you…see… Silvermoon will…be great once more”

“HUSH, child.” Syrinia had her in complete control. “Now, I will not kill you. Not here. Not now. Go back to your city. Go back where it’s safer.” And with that she pushes the blood elf away. Staggering on her feet Shanri glares back at the night elf with such hatred.

“HOW DARE YOU TREAT ME THAT WAY” she yelled and raised her sword but before she could move Syrinia grabbed her bow and fired an arrow straight passed her head. The Sin’dorei stopped in her tracks, she touches her cheek, blood pours from a fresh cut. The arrow had skimmed her face.

“Do not test me, child, Arrowsong and I never miss”

Shanri clutches her cheek. she realises this is once battle she will not win. she turned to face the night elf.

“Watch your back Kaldorei” Shanri growled “I will be back for you… mark my words” and with that she grabbed her equipment and ran. Syrinia watches her disappear behind a fallen tree.

Syrinia turned on her heels, taking the sword from the wolfs body, she wiped it clean and continued on her way to timbermaw hold, not thinking any more of the blood elf.

Beyond the fallen tree, Shanri collapsed down to the ground, she pulled her legs closely and hugged them tightly to her body all curled up. Tears fall down her face from her emerald eyes. Feeling alone in this distant land and after the failure with that night elf she cried. She reached for her bag with her hands shaking and she took a vial of mana rich liquid. Quickly she sipped from it. Her nerves started to calm. She then ran her hand along the cut to her cheek which glowed for a moment healing the wound.

Looking down at her blade her eyes focused and narrowed. Her voice spoke out in a cold tone and with her own language she spoke out.

“One day Syrinia of the Kaldorei… I will scar you back… one day!”

The clash of the Moon and of the Sun 4132411696_147ea1d845
Back to top Go down
Ferwyn
Fangirl
Ferwyn

The clash of the Moon and of the Sun Empty
PostSubject: Re: The clash of the Moon and of the Sun   The clash of the Moon and of the Sun I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 9:24 am

eeeh that was good. I'm writing something about my belf, mind if I put Shanri in? Sort of post this incident?

Edit: also love the picture she looks so...femme fatale
Back to top Go down

The clash of the Moon and of the Sun
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilight Expedition Forum :: Out of Character Forums :: Art/Stories-
Jump to: