Twilight Expedition Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Expedition Forum

The home of the Twilight Expedition; seekers of knowledge, diplomacy and wisdom.

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

Silver and Green

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ferwyn
Fangirl
Ferwyn

Silver and Green Empty
PostSubject: Silver and Green   Silver and Green I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 11:10 am

This is something I am currently working on. It is a longer story, and I shall try incredibly hard to actually continue and finish it. Let me know what you think and also any ideas for changes/improvements and importantly, a title.

Ferwyn watched the new huntress with some admiration, in the three days she had been part of the corps, the silver haired one had proven herself worthy time and time again. Her strength never failed and nor did her sense of true dedication. Ferwyn watched her shoot her arrows, straight and true, into the heart of the target every single time, and felt herself longing to take her out hunting, to watch that awesome talent and power in action. Oh how the Orcs would suffer if the two of them could hunt them. Ferwyn also saw the ghost saber at the side of the silver haired huntress and wondered briefly how the cat had been tamed, ghost saber’s were notoriously difficult to tame even if you managed to find one, they were so rare. Ferwyn did have one in her arsenal, but she found it difficult to bond with the thing, despite her adept skill at beast mastery. She was full of admiration for the new girl.

Syrinia turned from her position and noticed the green haired officer staring at her and noted with some humility that there was admiration in those silver eyes. She had been with the corps for only a short time and yet the fierce officer was openly displaying approval for her, a mere recruit. It spurred her somehow, she let loose a volley of arrows at once, each one hitting the target dummy with deadly accuracy. She glanced to the side and saw one of those long green eyebrows raised in what seemed to be casual amusement, but also sheer appreciation of Syrinia. This was an odd situation to her, she had always had a calm and tranquil upbringing, but the dead of Mylithia had spurred her to switch from passivity to active defence of that which she loved. And as she watched the green haired officer turn away and walk back to their head-quarters, she felt more at home than she had in some time.

“Ranger General, Ranger Captain.” Ferwyn acknowledged her commanding officers with respect as they joined entered their shared office where their officer awaited them.

“Ferwyn, you shouldn’t be so formal, not in private.” The Ranger General chuckled, clearly amused, the Ranger Captain offered a smile of agreement as they took their seats.

“Forgive me Hollie, Reshi, I cannot help it.” Ferwyn responded somewhat sheepishly, acknowledging the teasing tone.

“Not at all friend, not at all, now there was something you wished to discuss with us?” Hollie asked, getting straight to business.

“Yes, I understand you are searching for another officer to help lead the troops, and if I may offer a recommendation, I believe I may know someone suitable.” Ferwyn stated calmly.

“Oh?” Hollie asked, surprised, their officer was quiet when it came to the troops, barely speaking unless it was needed and although quick to praise when it was due, had never been so forward in her admiration for a recruit. And her admiration was clear, Hollie realised, the silver eyes sparkled and gleamed in a peculiar way. Hollie found herself wondering who had caused such a reaction in her officer, she herself had not particularly found any of the scouts, outrunners or marksman to be of officer material thus far.

“The recruit, Surion, currently undergoing marksman training, I believe she would be better suited to officer training.” Ferwyn met Hollie’s eyes, answering the unasked question.

“She has been with us for three days, what makes you so sure?” The Ranger Captian, Reshi spoke now, though her words were clipped, her voice was laced with warmth.

“She displays a remarkable ability to command respect, all the recruits listen to her and go to her for advice, even the ones who have been with us for months. She has a remarkable skill with a bow, if I had not known it to be true I would have doubted her tale of a sheltered upbringing. And she has managed to tame and even befriend a ghost saber, a most remarkable feat.” Ferwyn added extra inflection to the last sentence, causing Hollie to grin, knowing exactly why her officer was so impressed with the new recruit.

“I must confess, I was also impressed at that.” She chuckled. “Very well Ferwyn, you seem convinced and that is good enough for me. But you will have to train her, and quickly, we need her to be able to lead as soon as possible.”

“Of course Hollie, I will have her up to standard with the week.” Ferwyn promised with a wry smile. She stood, saluted her friends, and left their office, heading straight for the training grounds where she knew the silver huntress would still be.

“Well now,” Hollie turned to Reshi, “She must be good this Surion, to get that sort of reaction from our stoic officer.”

Reshi merely nodded, her eyes shining with mirth.

~~~~~~~

Ferwyn surveyed the huntress once more and frowned, she had a fleeting moment of doubt when she saw her falter under the scrutiny of two accomplished markswomen. Their appearances were not openly harsh, but they were obviously bothering the new girl in some way, so Ferwyn cleared her throat and walked onto the shooting range. The markswomen silenced immediately and saluted the senior member of the corps with respect, Ferwyn canted one graceful eyebrow upwards and casually neglected to allow them their ease. She turned her attention to the silver huntress and nodded when she hurried to salute, evidently not completely used to military protocol, but that would soon change.

“At ease Surion.” Ferwyn allowed herself a quick smile at the silver huntress’ relief. The silver huntress was obviously older than she was, but her self – confessed sheltered upbringing gave her an air of innocence that Ferwyn felt herself reluctant to take away from her, though the effect was diminished by the ever-present steely look in her eyes that Ferwyn knew only came with the loss of a loved one.

“Surion, I will get straight to the point. In your short time here you have displayed remarkable skill and clearly possess a certain something that has already made you a valuable member of our ranks. It is my hope that you will continue to build on that, and to that end, you will report to me every night instead of the shooting range for officer training. Is that understood?” Ferwyn suppressed a smirk as she saw the two markswomen staring incredulously.

“But she...” one of them began.

Ferwyn turned to her, glaring angrily. “Are you questioning my decision Marksman, if that is the case you are also questioning the decision of the Ranger General and Captain, may I suggest you report to them?”

The markswomen shuffled and swallowed all her protests, shaking her head in response.

“I didn’t think so, now the both of you dismissed!” Ferwyn barked, her patience wearing thin.

The elves scattered quickly and Ferwyn returned her gaze to the silver huntress, though she softened almost instantly when she saw the worry and fear in her eyes. One of Ferwyn’s eyebrows quirked upwards as was often the case, many had commented on her ability to express so much emotion through one small movement, but she found it served her well.

“So what do you say Syrinia? If you really don’t want this, then I cannot force you, but I want you to know that you are something special, and it would be an honour to have you serve in the officer corps with me.” Ferwyn said, smiling warmly at the huntress.

Syrinia studied the green haired officer for a brief moment, trying to ascertain if this was some odd kind of test. Surely she was not the best candidate for the officer opening, she had heard other recruits talking about it and had assumed it would go to one of the more senior women. She had never expected to have this opportunity handed to her, she was unsure of what to say. She certainly liked the idea of being an officer, but would she be up to the challenge?

“Of course you’re up to it.” Ferwyn stated quietly, Syrinia saw a twinkle in her silver eyes that said she knew exactly what the silver huntress had been thinking.

“If you’re sure...then I accept Ranger Swiftsong.” Syrinia nodded affixing her officer with a look of pure determination. Something was compelling her to do this, she wasn’t entirely sure what but she was certain it had something to do with the green haired elf stood in front of her. There was something about her, Syrinia couldn’t put her finger on it, but she was inexplicably drawn to her. She found herself delighted when she was flashed a bright smile. Something told her that it was the sort of smile that was reserved for only a certain few people.

“Excellent, I will endeavour to not let you down, as long as you do the same.” Ferwyn grinned at Syrinia who was momentarily confused.

“You let me down, Ranger Swiftsong?”

“I have never trained an officer before, you will be placing a great amount of trust in me.” Ferwyn explained simply.

Syrinia was certain that for a brief second she saw a flash of nervousness in her senior officer’s eyes and was somehow heartened to know that the fierce, difficult to please Ranger Swiftsong was just as nervous about this as she was.

“Indeed.” Ferwyn nodded, once again seeming to read Syrinia’s thoughts. “We will in effect be learning together. And please call me Ferwyn, or better yet call me Fer. If nothing else it will annoy those who think themselves above their station.” Ferwyn winked at Syrinia who couldn’t help but chuckle, knowing the comment was directed at those like the two markswomen from earlier who had been demanding to know why the “new girl” as they had called her, had spent all morning being observed by the Ranger. Indeed Syrinia had not known the answer then, but now she did, she found herself greatly amused.

“Very well...Fer.” She smiled, and followed Ferwyn towards the building, finding herself looking forward to what was to come.

Last edited by Ferwyn on Wed May 26, 2010 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

Silver and Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver and Green   Silver and Green I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 3:44 pm

(( Oh...

...My....

Illidan...

I adore this on a level i can't even come close to explaining. it's epic and you must must MUST write more. (if you have the time that is)

The way i felt while i read it was as if i was seeing how i imagined Ferwyn and Syrinia to genuinely meet and not the beauty contest and beach party where we did in the game. I've always had a kind of idea about how they met but emproidering it into the RPness of the Elven Ranger Corps. but as I'm not a good one for writing i wasn't thinking i'd be any good at writing my ideas down. it kinda feels a bit like you've been reading parts of my mind. but then i guess ferwyn and Syrinia both developed together jsut as me and you developed our RP skills.

i absolutely adore what you've written so far and i am so excited to see more. Please feel free to have a free rein on what you wish Syrinia to do/say etc as for one thing, i trust your judgement, and after all you know Syrinia as well as me. But I am especially loving seeing how Ferwyn interacts with her and to see the story from Ferwyns point of view. it's fascinating.

i cannot wait to read more. (ps, and don't stop writing Florrins Diarys cos i adore them too)

))
Back to top Go down
Ferwyn
Fangirl
Ferwyn

Silver and Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver and Green   Silver and Green I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 5:56 pm

Ferwyn opened the door and allowed Syrinia to pass through first, when she stepped into the entrance hall of their head-quarters she noticed something unusual by the great main door. A male stood there, looking slightly awkward and out of place, Syrinia rather got the impression that he was there by mistake but he seemed familiar with the place, she wondered why she hadn’t seen him before. She returned her attention to Ferwyn and was momentarily taken aback by the look on the officer’s face, joy and surprise and amusement all at once, it was certainly unusual. Ferwyn indicated towards the common room with a nod of her head, the male elf grinned and followed her down the hall. Syrinia stood, unsure of what to do, was she supposed to follow?

“Surion! Come on!” Ferwyn called, Syrinia hurried after them, wondering what exactly was going on. When she rounded the corner into the common room, she was somewhat glad to see there was nobody there but the three of them, she shut the door gently to prevent any intrusion.

“Well now, to what do I owe this honour General?” Ferwyn smirked and saluted, Syrinia briefly wondered if she should do the same.

“I am not a General.” The male muttered, looking at Ferwyn in vague annoyance.

“You will be one day Metya.” Ferwyn responded, looking at the male with an expression of fondness. He smiled at her in response before speaking.

“And I’m here to see you, I missed you.” He said, looking slightly uncomfortable.

Ferwyn smiled warmly, “as did I my friend, as did I.” She spoke softly, Syrinia began to wonder if she should leave them alone, but Ferwyn had told her to come with them, so she stood still in front of the door, feeling a little out of place.

Ferwyn looked at her and grinned. “This is my dearest friend Metya I’ambar, warrior, engineer, charmer.” She winked at Syrinia who smiled politely at Metya.

“And this Metya, is Syrinia Surion, she is to be my new officer, as soon as I have trained her up that is.”

Syrinia shook the hand that was offered by Metya and inclined her head politely. “Pleased to meet you.” She murmured.

“Likewise.” He replied, his voice was deep and warm, Syrinia found herself liking him almost instantly. “So officer hm? Don’t let Fer boss you about, she’s a kitten really.” He winked good naturedly when Ferwyn began to protest.

“I am not a kitten, I am a fierce Kaldorei huntress I’ll have you know mister I’ambar.” She said sternly, but the mirth was evident in her eyes.

The three sat down in front of the generous fireplace and fell into discussion, mostly Ferwyn and Metya talked animatedly about this and that, bickering occasionally but always coming to an agreement eventually. Syrinia found herself just listening although she was forced to speak at times because questions or comments were aimed at her, and Ferwyn tried to recruit her once in order to win an argument, but she found that she enjoyed their company, much more than she had found with anyone she had met so far in her time with the rangers.

All too quickly, the hour grew late and the night began to give way to the day, Metya looked out a nearby window and sighed.

“I must leave, I am to return before daybreak.” He sounded regretful.

“So soon?” Ferwyn asked quietly, not looking at him.

“You know I must.” Was the only answer given, but Ferwyn nodded and walked him to the door, Syrinia watched from a distance away, to give them some privacy.

“Stay safe Metya.” Ferwyn whispered as the warrior wrapped his arms around her.

“And you,” he responded. “I want to come back to find you here still...waiting.”

“You know I will be.”

And he left, leaving the green haired officer looking lost and alone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Silver and Green Empty
PostSubject: Re: Silver and Green   Silver and Green I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Silver and Green
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilight Expedition Forum :: Out of Character Forums :: Art/Stories-
Jump to: