Twilight Expedition Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Expedition Forum

The home of the Twilight Expedition; seekers of knowledge, diplomacy and wisdom.

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

[Story] The Adventures of Ferwyn and Maiq

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ferwyn
Fangirl
Ferwyn

[Story] The Adventures of Ferwyn and Maiq Empty
PostSubject: [Story] The Adventures of Ferwyn and Maiq   [Story] The Adventures of Ferwyn and Maiq I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 6:14 pm

Grass rustles, know? Feels tickly against my nose when I'm crouched down low, eyes on the bone man, muscles tense and ready to spring. Won't go yet thought, wait for elf to give word, she knows what it's all about, she knows the hunt. She's good at the hunt too, very good, like a cat, knows the right time to wait and right time to spring. Wait for hours sometimes, that's the right way.

Bone man got a blade now, think he sense something, grass rustling maybe, he doesn't know though. Elf won't let him know, she cast her magic and bone man thinks he's just hearing things. I like elf, hard to catch what the other long ears call her, sounds like Fur, she hasn't got fur though, least not like mine. It's odd really.

Fur gives signal, tiny nod and raises her bow, I release my tension and spring at bone man, he look shocked, least his eyes do, no face see? Bone man tastes like dirt and dust, like washing my fur after dust bath, not very nice. Can't spit him out though, not yet, got to bite the right places and claw the others. Fur arrows hit hard and fast, sometimes hard to dodge but she never hit me, she good with her bow.

Bone man tries to knock me away, I hold on harder, he can't breathe then he drops, we killed him. Normally Fur lets me take a bit of the kill but there no meat on the bone man so Fur takes a fish from her bag and throws it to me. Good fish, long ears know the best fish, they good fishers.

Not often I see things that surprise me, but I do then, big purple flash behind Fur, she cries out and I grow angry. Nobody can hurt Fur. I turn from my fish and see more like the bone man, in red dresses, not as pretty as the ones Fur has, with blue clouds floating beside them, throwing the magic at Fur. She tries to dodge but there are too many, I roar as loud as I can so they know I'm here, so they'll go for me and not Fur. Then I throw myself at biggest bone man, the one that hit Fur first. I hit him with all my strength, he goes down really quick, no armour see? All magic types no armour, when he down, spell breaks and his blue cloud goes away.

Other bone man gets angry and tries to send blue cloud at me, it's a cloud, I can't bite it, I go right through it. Fur has recovered though, she does her magic and cloud goes for her instead so I can go for weak magic bone man. Doesn't take long before he falls down, cloud goes away too. I go to Fur, she seems alright, but still I want to get her home, so she can rest. Not as much energy as a cat these elf types, silly really.

Take Fur back to camp where she and other long ears have made tents and a fire to cook all manner of nice smelling things, I hope I get some. Other long ear with silver hair, one that friends with ghost cat, comes over to Fur to see if she's alright. Must admit, Fur looks a bit messy, black dust on her armour and little cuts on her face. Silver haired elf, sounds like Fur only with a 's' so Sur, makes Fur sit down and gives her something to drink. Then Sur gives me some water, very grateful I am too. Then big long ear comes over, the strong one with big blade, I like him, though he thinks he can look after Fur better than I can. I like big long ear Met they call him, because he fights with me sometimes, and he looked after me sometimes when I was a kitten. He's a nice long ear, I am glad he's around because he watch over all of us, Fur, Sur, Sur's ghost cat and even me. He a good fighter, seen him fight many bone men at once. And bears, wolves, anything you like, he can take them. Warrer or something they call him. Fur and Sur good at hunt, but he good at fight. Like I said, I like him, he good where it counts.

When Sur happy that Fur is alright, and so am I, the long ears settle down for some rest, must admit, getting a little tired too, hunting bone men hard work. I lie down as close to Fur as I can get and close my eyes...
Back to top Go down
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

PostSubject: Re: [Story] The Adventures of Ferwyn and Maiq   [Story] The Adventures of Ferwyn and Maiq I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2009 7:26 pm

omg thats the most original warcraft story i've ever read. never seen one from a pets point of view before, Genius. Love it loads cat
Back to top Go down
Ferwyn
Fangirl
Ferwyn

PostSubject: Re: [Story] The Adventures of Ferwyn and Maiq   [Story] The Adventures of Ferwyn and Maiq I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 10:56 am

Down on my belly, in the tickly grass, watching
the thing with the long neck. Fur says we in a place called Barren,
says it good name for it. Says Barren means dust and dry and no-one
around. Barren is right then. Good name for this place.

Watching
the young long neck, it moved away from other long neck things long
time ago. Been tracking it. Me and Fur, but Fur let me do this bit
alone. Fur know when to step back.

Feel everything unwind and
spring forwards, long neck doesn't know what to do. Swings around and
makes loud noise. Am not bad cat, don't cause prey too much pain. Not
the right way that. Take it out quick as you can, that's what Fur
always said. She taught me good for elf-girl.

Mama was killed
by them spiders long time ago now. Was just a cub and Mama was showing
me the hunt. Too many spiders though and Mama got hurt. Mama got hurt
bad. She fell down and wouldn't get up again. I was sad for her. I
stayed by her. Had nowhere to go see? Then little elf-girl comes along,
hair bright like the trees. Chases the hunting spiders away and picks
me up, away from my Mama. I cried out for my Mama but she gone now.
That's what Fur say. First thing she say. That Mama gone.

She
bury Mama for me. She good Fur. She kind. Never hurt me, ever. Always
done right for me. Even in the bad times, Fur always good to me.

So
I end the long neck and I wait for Fur. When she come she pick it up
and throw it over her shoulders. She carried me like that sometimes.
Long time ago, when not as good at hunt as now. Used to rush in, get
hurt and she always carry me home.

So she take long neck, and
we go to camp she make while I kill long neck. Fur take time getting
the long neck ready. Can smell how good it is already. Fur good at
making meat nice. She always say she not so good but I think she is.

Finish
my meal and she finish hers. We sit together and watch the lights in
the sky. She says you see them good in Barren. She right too. She shows
me one and say it her Daddy. She say he good man and he watch us
wherever we go. I say she don't need him but she give me a look. She
look sad and I don't want her sad. I say that I sorry and she smiles
again. Like Fur smile, is pretty.

She say she need sleep but she
look nervous. Not often Fur nervous but she say things called Orcs and
Trolls and Tauren pass round her so we could get trouble. I growl to
tell her I fight for her. She say she knows and tickles my ears. She
only do that sometimes. She say I not her pet. I'm a friend. The best
she say. So she say she doesn't tickle my ears so I don't feel like
pet. Fur got respect. I thank her and she smiles her smile.

When
she fall asleep I sit near her, close as possible. Barren get cold at
night it seems. Use my body to warm hers. Always look after Fur,
always. She the reason I still here. She say it like love but stronger.
She say we have a bond in our soul. Feel a lot like love to me and then
more. Fur say we side by side forever. I say ok.
Back to top Go down
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

PostSubject: Re: [Story] The Adventures of Ferwyn and Maiq   [Story] The Adventures of Ferwyn and Maiq I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 4:33 pm

loves it even more. cat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Story] The Adventures of Ferwyn and Maiq   [Story] The Adventures of Ferwyn and Maiq I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Story] The Adventures of Ferwyn and Maiq
Page 1 of 1