Twilight Expedition Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Expedition Forum

The home of the Twilight Expedition; seekers of knowledge, diplomacy and wisdom.

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

Important Announcement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ferwyn
Fangirl
Ferwyn

Important Announcement Empty
PostSubject: Important Announcement   Important Announcement I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:03 am

Well, we've done some thinking and some chatting and we've come up with something.

To be honest, we're probably all getting a little bored at the moment, and this is partly to do with the fact that we can't get anywhere. Now, my proposition is NOT to disband, but is more that we allow people to leave to pursue other things, even for a week. We all know how hard it is to raid if you're not in a raid guild so this is your opportunity to leave, expand your horizons, and if you wish, return when you feel satisfied.

The Expedition is not going away, the guild itself will be handled by an alt of mine or Metya's and is always there for you to come back whenever you wish. All the original five members will be allowed back, no questions asked.

If no-one wants to go, then fine, but remember this is also a way to meet new people in an effort to better the Expedition chances, come Cataclysm.

After much thinking, I will be taking Ferwyn out for a short time, to RP with some other people, maybe see some other things. I won't be leaving the four of you behind, no way. This forum will still be here and the chat channel will still be open.

If anyone has any questions or comments, please feel free to grab me or Metya.

Lots of Love and Hugs
Ferwyn
x
Back to top Go down
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement   Important Announcement I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 1:09 pm

I understand why you've taken this decision. i just hope i haven't forced you into it. I want you to know i really want you to enjoy WoW so if thats what you need to do then i'm pleased for you.

After logging in and seeing Ferwyns name no longer in the roster it's actually too upsetting for me as Syrinia. we've stuck together for so long it's sad to see Ferwyn depart.

for this reason I have now departed also. I did not wish to and i hope the boys all understand whats happened too. And i also hope we all unite again whether in this guild or another.

RP is what i play for and Syrinia's RP was very much tied to ferwyns. I now don't know what to do. should i find another RP guild? a raid guild? i don't know. i may even take a break from wow.

anyway HUGS you all and like Ferwyn, i'm not gone. i am still going to be around, either in game or here if i'm not. I just hope you find the fun in the game again Emma. and that everything outside the game gets sorted too.

Sending each of you all my love xxx

rebecca
Back to top Go down
Ferwyn
Fangirl
Ferwyn

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement   Important Announcement I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 4:01 pm

You should try the Blackmist Brigade Syrinia, they are one of the best RP guilds on the server and they also raid and do dungeons, if that's what you want to do.

I know it's sad that we've left, but I think we needed to take that step, we can progress in the way we want to and then come back together stronger, wiser and ready to face whatever Cataclysm throws at us.

The channel is still there, I'm still in it, so we can still chat and hopefully this decision won't pull us apart =]
Back to top Go down
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement   Important Announcement I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:38 pm

i really hope that we dont move apart after this also. i will still be chatting as much as usual and this is definitely not affecting our friendship, that is certain. with whatever character i'm playing i will always be in the TE chat channel and if on horde the TEH one.

Funnily enough a couple of nights ago i was wandering around with Syr not knowing what to do. i was in my RP outfit again showing off as usual hehe. i passed a gnome and a night elf wandering into Darnassus. the Night elf said OMG and the gnome was all wow you look amazing, could we RP meeting you in darnassus. i joined them... the night elf was from the Blackmist Brigade. funnily enough it was Ilathion. i RPed with them in the house where the TE guild is, but the room under ours. funnily enough we were talking about Ferwyn. saying how revered she is with the kaldorei. we also mentioned about the Miss Darnassus event as he is a judge. Syrinia joked if he was up to bribes to help Ferwyn win. hehe. he said theres very little need to anyway as Ferwyn has is very strong candidate for winning. ~smiles~

if i was to join another guild, i think there is only a few i'd wish to. they would be one, there is also Kaltaye's Ashenvale Rangers. I don't know much about them, but it certainly sounds fitting for Syrinia and Kaltaye is a very good RPer. i've recently been joining her for HC dailies. Vanguard of valor. they are a long standing guild though and of course the Shari'Adune. I am guessing that Ferwyn would join them?

>Edit: - for me though i would be after a night elf guild, but i feel it would be better for Ferwyn if i went a different direction to her now. sadly i guess if you do join Shari'Adune that kinda stops me joining a night elf only guild. but do what you have to Fer. don't let me stop you in any way.

reading up on Blackmist Brigade i'm not sure they're fitting for Syrinias RP, she is no outcast or misfit. but aside from that it does look like what i think i'll need to go for, an RP guild that does raids

>another edit: - Having looked at the Vanguard of Valour forum and especially their application form format i was particularly impressed with the way they had set it out. they are starting to look like where i may take Syrinia. though for now i'm still seeing what options are available to me... one is to Focus on Myanei and the Leaves of Nordrassil as you may have noticed by my post through her for the guild mention on the wowgamer site. Syrinia may even join The Leaves of Nordrassil herself.

on a completely different subject, i was looking on Wowgamer and i listed the DMF server... you see who's regarded as the best equipment on the whole realm? Astres! eak! talking of which i'm not gonna say to a certain priest about whats happened in the TE. she'd only go on and on and on and on about it.

Last edited by Syrinia on Tue Oct 13, 2009 1:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement   Important Announcement I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:44 pm

and i just wish to add, i know this chat has been much between Ferwyn and Syrinia, but i really hope this also doesn't affect how we both are with Metya, Telsyr and Aryniadarel. as you all are friends outside the game you're sure to stick together anyway, but as i'm separate from that, i just want to add that I don't want this event to distance myself from you boys also. I adore all of you and will always wish to stick together through whatever paths we take.
Back to top Go down
Ferwyn
Fangirl
Ferwyn

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement   Important Announcement I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 4:05 am

Oh god no! Don't tell her!

Join the Shari Adune dammit! I'd love it if you came with me, I never wanted to get away from Syr, I just wanted the opportunity to meet new people. I don't mind meeting new people with Syr XD

Do it!!

And yey about your meeting with Ilathion hehe, I love him so much, he's such a good RPer

http://shariadune.guildomatic.com/ do it... >_>
Back to top Go down
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement   Important Announcement I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 6:34 am

oh my. are you absolutely sure you would like me to join as well? they would have been my first guild of choice by the very nature of being Night elf. but i don't want to be too under your feet or just look like i'm following you. i was thinking you kinda wanted a change but if i came too then would i bring stuff with me that you kind of want to get away from?

oh dear all this stuff recently has made me question my own place in WoW and making me analyse things too much, maybe i'm just being my own worst enemy right now hehe. i should just up and go with it.

i haven't the time to go through their forums until this evening but have had a brief look. Has Ferwyn applied already?
Back to top Go down
Metya
Admin
Admin
Metya

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement   Important Announcement I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 7:30 am

Hello Everyone! =D

I'm here to say that I have no hard feelings about the decision that me and Fer came to with the direction of the guild.

I think this is in fact a wonderful opportunity for us all to like Fer has said and broaden our WoW horizons and try something a bit different for a while, see how we enjoy it, weather that be us doing new types of the game such as dungeon/raiding or joining a much larger RP community, which seems to be the direction that you two seem to be going. I makes me feel quite happy that you both have already started to look for new experiences which I think we are all going to find. It is quite a sad thing, I logged in today and it was only really me of the current active memebers left in the guild, I felt very alone, but I knew that this is going to be good for us all.

The guild is always going to be here for us when we decide to return and we can still run the guild as more of a group per say, if people don't want to completely detatch them selves from it, so we will still be the Twilight Expedition, just on the sly ;]

The most important thing that we have is our friendship which I feel will never break down, we will always be together!

I'm still going to use this forum all the time so we will never be out of contact and I'll never leave our wonderful channel! =D

Hope everyone is well ^^

Metya

EDIT: In reply to Syr's last post, what is happening with the guild at the moment was never meant to be a "get away" from the guild, it is just a break where we can all go and do something new that we might have want to do for a while now. I don't think Fer ever meant to make it look like we wanted to get away from the guild for a particular reason, it just gives us all the chance to experience more of WoW, I hope this helps to clear some things up and to help you stop questioning yourself as if your the cause of this, because you not! No-one is. I also think I got all this right... if not hopefully Fer can back me up and correct me if I went wrong anywhere =P
Back to top Go down
https://twilight.forumotion.co.uk
Ferwyn
Fangirl
Ferwyn

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement   Important Announcement I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 11:37 am

Met lovely, you're completely right.

I never implied we needed to get away from each other, I just think we were so limited being what was essentially a 3 person guild. It wouldn't even matter if the three of us joined the same other guild, it's just us getting a wider circle of friends. If I'm honest I would love it if we could all end up in the same guild, but I don't think the SA would suit what Met wants right now, you said you wanted to see if you could get some good armour? Try BB or VoV like I said last night, they'd be fantastic for you.

If not, then don't feel you can't follow me (us?) into a quiet RP guild like the SA. Fer will miss Met but maybe that could be good for their RP, I don't know it's up to you and what you want to do. =]

Syrinia: If you want to join VoV then don't feel like you have to come with me hehe. And yes, I have already applied.
Back to top Go down
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement   Important Announcement I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 4:44 pm

i wrote this before i logged in to WoW and saw you both:

YEY METYA!!! I'm so pleased to hear your side of the recent events. obviously you know through Ferwyn what was going on, but i didn't know so it was good to hear your side of things too.

oh i wasn't clear on what i meant. i knew Ferwyn wasn't getting away from the guild stuff. i was feeling like recently theres been a lot Ferwyns had on her shoulders that i may have, not intentionally, contributed to such as the equipment thing. i was very worried after Ferwyn killed off her red dragon after i got my exalted status. i also felt that with the recent RP ferwyns had about her father and it being quite heavy, whether she jsut wanted to forget about all that and try new RP stories for ferwyn in a new group, if i followed i was worried she'd be a bit tied to those stories.

so you're off for more raid based guilds, metya? which one would you be looking to?

and Fer, Everything about the SA looks perfect for me, but i do have one thing i kinda would like that they dont do (currently) i am definitely a RPer in everyway, and a night elf guild would be perfect. but a part of me has always liked dungeons and things, and i would like to see more raid based content. it's actually not so much for the equipment but much more for the story/lore they have. if the SA dont do raids i feel i may miss out. but i would dearly love to be in a guild thats all night elf and RP. so i'm a bit stuck on this. it was a lovely offer from Miraene on WoWgamer. i think i will apply there and ask in my application form as there is a question thing... isn't there? i seem to remember it at least.

now then., i'm off to look at their site properly
Back to top Go down
Ferwyn
Fangirl
Ferwyn

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement   Important Announcement I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 4:51 pm

The Fer's family thing was a way of getting away from her for a bit...and then i thought of the whole...change thing so I didn't need it anymore. I killed off that one dragon, it doesnt mean Im not getting one. I just felt like being tied to the dragon was a bit silly since its taking me forever to get exalted.
Back to top Go down
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement   Important Announcement I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 5:26 pm

You'll get there. it'll happen like it did for me. jsut do the dailies when you feel like them and suddenly you'll be close to being exalted. and I saw you wear your wyrmrest tabbard earlier too. jump into the odd lvl 80 dungeon if and when you can, with metya seeking raiding and me looking for it also it's 2 extra avenues that may be open for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important Announcement   Important Announcement I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Important Announcement
Page 1 of 1