Twilight Expedition Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twilight Expedition Forum

The home of the Twilight Expedition; seekers of knowledge, diplomacy and wisdom.

HomeSearchLatest imagesLog inRegister

IRC Channel

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Aryniadarel

Aryniadarel

IRC Channel Empty
PostSubject: IRC Channel   IRC Channel I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 8:29 am

For anyone using mIRC I have set us up a channel on the Quakenet server.

#twilight-expedition

Anyone having trouble accessing this pm me and I'll run ya through it. I also recommend you get this http://www.mirc.com/get.html

I'm working on scripting a bot so the chat server can stay open 24/7. I'll probably stab Met as well, see if I can't get him to plant an irc box on his forum to make it easier for less technical users. Very Happy

EDIT:

(( Okay, well I suggest an OOC guild related board so I can discuss technical things like this. Very Happy RP could make things like explaining IRC quite difficult.

Anyhoot, IRC in short stands for Internet Relay Chat. A global set of servers mostly owned by large corporations (E.g. Quake) hosting many thousands of chat channels. Using a program called mIRC or embedded java applets you can access these channels and chat, just like a chat room. The only difference is IRC allows for advanced scripting with only minimal processor usage. So you can run it in the background of most games, on most systems.

I'll do a screenshot by screenshot tutorial tomorrow and upload it on how to set up and use mIRC. Very Happy ))

Last edited by Aryniadarel on Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ferwyn
Fangirl
Ferwyn

IRC Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Channel   IRC Channel I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 12:37 pm

((Don't you pay attention? this is an IC forum, though actually I guess it should really be both, I'll get that changed. In terms of this chat thingy i have no idea what it is, so you/met will have to educate me >.<))
Back to top Go down
Aryniadarel

Aryniadarel

IRC Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Channel   IRC Channel I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 6:43 pm

(( Okay, well I suggest an OOC guild related board so I can discuss technical things like this. Very Happy RP could make things like explaining IRC quite difficult.

Anyhoot, IRC in short stands for Internet Relay Chat. A global set of servers mostly owned by large corporations (E.g. Quake) hosting many thousands of chat channels. Using a program called mIRC or embedded java applets you can access these channels and chat, just like a chat room. The only difference is IRC allows for advanced scripting with only minimal processor usage. So you can run it in the background of most games, on most systems.

I'll do a screenshot by screenshot tutorial tomorrow and upload it on how to set up and use mIRC. Very Happy ))
Back to top Go down
Syrinia
Artisté
Syrinia

IRC Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Channel   IRC Channel I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 16, 2009 1:04 pm

((hmm deja vu. feel i've read the same thing twice there. oh no. it's a glitch in the Matrix. The agents have changed somethign. RUN NEO RUN!))
Back to top Go down
Aryniadarel

Aryniadarel

IRC Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Channel   IRC Channel I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 16, 2009 9:03 am

(( Lol.. I wrote that explanation and then thought I'd add it to the top of the page on the main post. Razz))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IRC Channel Empty
PostSubject: Re: IRC Channel   IRC Channel I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

IRC Channel
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilight Expedition Forum :: In Character Forums :: News and General Information-
Jump to: